Today I celebrated Mother’s Day by being a good mother to myself. I stayed in bed this morning listening to the rain while reading a good book. Later on, I went for a long walk in the fresh air once the sun broke through the clouds. And I bought myself two beautiful flowering plants to brighten up my deck garden. By the end of the day I felt rested, content, and happy about the kind of mother I’ve become .
When we focus on becoming a better mother to ourselves, everyone wins. After all, when mom’s happy, everyone’s happy
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to remind you of what it means to be a mature and healthy mother to yourself. You know you’re on the right track when…
- You stop making excuses for doing what you want to do. You let your desire be enough.
- You choose to disappoint someone else now and then instead of disappointing yourself.
- You tell yourself, “I love you,” on a regular basis so that you start to believe it deep in your bones.
- You feed yourself.
- You ask for what you want directly rather than beat around the bush.
- You stop pretending everything’s okay when it’s not. You tell the truth.
- You speak up when you have something to say even if you might not say it well.
- You no longer defend, debate, or over explain your decisions. You trust your choices and you let your inner guidance run the show.
This week, as you honor the women in your life who have nurtured and cared for you, be sure to honor yourself, too. Let’s make the world a better place by becoming healthier and happier moms .
Take Action Challenge
Do something special for yourself this week in honor of Mother’s Day – especially if it feels decadent, magnificent, or grand!
This week’s video is an Evian commercial that brings out the little kid in every grown up. You’ll find it here. Thanks, Deirdre!