This week’s Solar Eclipse in Cancer is happening pre-dawn July 3 for Australia, and July 2 for most of the rest of the world.
Cancer represents the Mother, and the Feminine. This sign is all about what makes you feel safe, protected and nurtured. These topics might be on your mind a lot more this week/this month. You’ll have a stronger sense of what makes you feel safe, protected and nurtured, and what doesn’t. Some of you will feel compelled to take action to move toward what does – and ditch what doesn’t. In some cases the eclipse will do much of the work for you. That is, eclipses are times when fated events happen to accelerate our life path. People enter or exit our lives, doors open and close, things happen that change everything.
Old wounds and current issues can be triggered related to anything you’re doing to push away what you truly need on an emotional level. Themes can come up related to intimacy, connection, old ‘inner child’ patterns, rejection, and situations regarding home and family.
Questions to ponder on this week (use your journal for deeper insights):
- • What do you truly need right now on an emotional level? For example, you might want a new relationship, a new job or a new home. Ask yourself: What am I seeking from a new relationship/job/home emotionally? What is it that I want to feel? Why do I really want this?
- • Are you over-protecting yourself from being hurt or failing? Ask yourself, what am I really afraid of?
- • Are you living life in a comfortable, yet uncomfortable, shell, (Cancer is the sign of the Crab) hiding from the world? Ask yourself, Can I allow my fears to be what they are, and go for what I want anyway? Ask yourself: how is this shell serving me? (or was it once serving me, but now it is sabotaging me?) As children we can take on beliefs that protected us then, but are non-helpful in our now adult lives. We may have learned that keeping quiet or being good made our parents love us or kept us safe, but as adults we now find it hard to voice and express our true selves. We may have created a pattern of constantly needing to be saved in order to get a parent’s attention, but now as an adult this pattern is keeping us from living a thriving, functioning, successful life. We can associate staying small with being loved, and thus we subconsciously associate expansion and independence with losing that love. Cancer is the Child Self to the opposite sign Capricorn’s Adult/Parent. So a lot of people will feel a big push to ‘grow up’ during this eclipse, and let go of old restrictions that have stemmed in some way from one or both parents.
- • Are you hiding who you really are to protect the feelings of others, or to protect your own self? Ask yourself, can I express more of my truth? If it is genuinely not safe to do this in your current situation, can you acknowledge your truth to your own self without shame and with love and compassion?
- • Are you holding yourself back due to fear of being judged, ridiculed or trolled? Feel into your most healthy version of self-protection. For some, getting off social media feels liberating. For others, it’s about being on there, deleting feeds that don’t make you feel good and blocking unwanted comments. Cancer is about setting and maintaining healthy boundaries. It can be a process of trial and error to find what works best for you in the boundaries department, be it related to your relationships, work, social media or anything else.
- • This eclipse is opposite Capricorn who also represents the Father. Are you waiting for the Father to save you? Or are you waiting for someone in authority to save you, or give you permission to do something?Depending on your circumstances, sometimes an authority figure can help us and this is about letting them do that. Other times it’s about learning to take responsibility and stand on your own two feet.
Saturn and the South Node are still together, (April-Oct), and are currently at 17 degrees Capricorn. That’s the exact midpoint between this 10 degrees Cancer Solar Eclipse (through opposition), and 24 degree Capricorn Lunar Eclipse on 16/17 July. This means that their influence on these eclipses will be super strong. Themes: Karmic endings, closure, releasing the past to create a stronger, more stable future, practical action, responsibility and seeing reality as it is (so that you can change it if it needs changing or walk away).
On a collective/global level:
Capricorn represents the patriarchy, while Cancer is maternal and matri-focal. A lot of people, including myself, have long-felt that we are now living in times where we are witnessing the dismantling of the patriarchy to make way for the rising of the divine feminine. While this is still true, it isn't the full story. Lately I've expanded my perspective around this. Yes, we are definitely reconnecting to our divine feminine, and She is definitely rising within us, through us, and through the Earth. However, patriarchy has been the puppet in a bigger power game that has been played for about 5000 years. If we don’t pull back the curtain to reveal the true puppet-masters, we risk being stuck in that game even when we think we are creating change.
This game has pitted men against women, race against race, religion against religion, country against country. Division of all kinds has become the norm vs connection. War of all kinds has been waged, turning peace and wellbeing into an alleged fantasy. We have been taught that this is the way it has always been, but that’s not true.
Once upon a time men and women lived harmoniously together. Sacred masculine and divine feminine were honoured, within us all, on the planet and as part of our Creator/Creatress ancient creation stories. Something happened 5000 years ago to change the way we related to each other. It changed the way we related to the Earth. It changed the way we viewed who we are, and where we come from. We call this thing patriarchy, and primarily project it onto men, but patriarchy is a vessel through which a dominating power has used a very small group of men and women to control the majority of humanity. It sounds dramatic because it is dramatic.
Millions of people are awakening to the existence of this dysfunctional power through increased awareness of the global rings that have hijacked politics, media, entertainment, corporations, churches and even humanitarian organisations for their own nefarious purposes. The NXIVM trial and convictions are part of a bigger unfolding. (Mainstream media are incorrectly calling NXIVM a sex cult as if it’s just a bunch of crazy, alternative rich hippies. No. Human trafficking including the sex trafficking of children are among the convictions.
We are witnessing the uncovering of a huge, worldwide, interwoven web involving people at the highest levels of public influence. Ritual abuse, children born into that life, used for an agenda their whole lives with or without their conscious knowledge, it’s all real, and it’s all coming out. A couple of years ago, whenever anyone spoke about political and Hollywood elites being involved in things like this they’d get ridiculed. Now we’re starting to get convictions. Now we’re getting younger Hollywood and music stars speaking out about what they faced as children. Unfortunately, this is just the beginning and there are many, many faces that you just won’t be able to look at the same way again.
It’s beyond devastating to uncover this reality. Yet the huge shift that we are in the process of has to include our awakening to this dysfunctional power if we are to truly reconnect to our healthy authentic power.
This Solar Eclipse is happening at 10 degrees Cancer, very close to the Natal Sun of the United States (13 degrees Cancer), so something significant could be announced during the July 4 Independence Day celebrations that sets the tone for the next 3-6 months and beyond.
Remember that the US is going through a massive Pluto Return, replaying energies that were around leading up to, during, and post the Revolutionary War and Declaration of Independence. This is going to take us up to at the very least 2028 before things “settle down” politically. Things aren’t meant to be “settling down” now. Upheaval, confronting hidden truths, changing of the guard with regards to who has secretly held the power (for decades if not hundreds of years, if not thousands of years), and ultimate mass social transformation is in full swing.
Interestingly enough, Julian Assange has been at the forefront of this "revealing secrets" business, and this Solar Eclipse is happening right on his July 3 birthday. He is going to be centre stage with a life-changing year. (No big surprise there given his situation, but the Solar Eclipse on his birthday means this year is destined to be huge for him).
- • Get clear on what makes you feel nurtured in your day to day life, and do something that nurtures you.
- • Get clear on what makes you feel safe and protected in your day to day life. Appreciate all the ways you already feel this. Pray for guidance if you feel you need to invite in a deeper or healthier level of feeling safe and protected.
- • Suggested Prayer: May all children everywhere be safe and protected.
How are you feeling? Have you had your Eclipse moment?