We live in an invisible sea of consciousness or mind substance, an atmosphere of thoughts and their associated feelings which circles the planet. Each one of us receives mental energy from this global mind atmosphere or mind belt. We process it through our own consciousness and then transmit it back into the mind belt.
In this way, our contribution to world consciousness is automatic. As people think and feel, so they affect the mind belt in their own way.
Because the human race has chosen to be unaware of its telepathic ability, people react to the impressions that arise within them without being consciously aware of the source of the source of these thoughts and feelings.
We each have a choice as to what frequency of consciousness we will entertain. By raising one’s consciousness, you improve the quality of the mind belt and also receive higher-frequency impressions from it.
The seven major chakras are traditionally viewed from the front of the body. They appear as doorways of consciousness, located just in front of the physical body. Each chakra is a spinning vortex of etheric energy which channels its own specific frequency band of consciousness to or from the local environment.
From the base of the spine upwards, these are the traditional names of seven major chakras:
1. Root chakra (base of the spine)
2. Sacral chakra
3. Solar plexus chakra
4. Heart chakra
5. Throat chakra
6. Brow chakra (forehead)
7. Crown chakra (above the head)
The root, sacral and then the solar plexus chakras are activated as children grow into adulthood. Having reached adulthood, many people go on to activate their heart chakras and some even venture into the realm of the throat chakra during deep meditation.
The functions of the chakras are as follows:
1. Instinctual. The root chakra prepares vitality, or life energy, for the chakras above it. It provides the base frequency of human existence including the instinct for survival.
2. Emotional. The sacral chakra powers the basic emotions and passions of human life.
3. Intellectual. The solar plexus chakra is used in the development of basic intellect or mental ability. Examples of such thought include the performing of arithmetic and the operating of machinery.
4. Holistic. The heart chakra is developed as emotional issues are resolved and integrated. In heart-centered consciousness, mind, body, and spirit are seen as facets of a human being which can all achieve balance and wholeness. The higher level of heart-centered consciousness opens the person to spiritual awareness. Thus, the heart is the gateway to spiritual consciousness.
5. Creative. The throat chakra’s function is creativity. It is a higher mental faculty, capable of inspiring the imagination to new possibilities. The development of the throat chakra results in gaining the power of conscious creation, the ability to succeed in consciously transforming circumstances to preferred, new realities. This is also the home level of soul consciousness. In the everyday, physical world where attention is often focused at the level of solar plexus thinking, the soul attempts to add helpful ideas to the physical mind through the faculty of intuition.
6. Global. The brow chakra is the home frequency of awareness that encompasses all locations on the planet. Existing above the soul realms, it is home to the angelic realms. While archangels are thought of as human-like figures, a more apt description is that of the global spirit – an awareness that encircles the globe, constantly sensing individual needs for their support. They bring healing, hope and support to those who are open to their presence.
7. Cosmic. The crown chakra is your connection to the universe on a cosmic scale. Its complete activation by the spiritual adept results in the ultimate state of human achievement and enlightenment, that of cosmic consciousness.
You can call the chakras by their physical position, like solar plexus, or by their function, like intellectual. The choice is yours. Their names, by function, are:
1. Instinctual chakra (root)
2. Emotional chakra (sacral)
3. Intellectual chakra (solar plexus)
4. Holistic chakra (heart)
5. Creative chakra (throat)
6. Global chakra (brow)
7. Cosmic chakra (crown)