Every night when I go to bed, I pull out a small journal from my bedside table and write a few things down. I make a note of what I did for exercise, what I did for fun, the wildlife visits I experienced on that particular day, the number of times I meditated, and a few things I feel grateful for.
I also jot down three or four intentions I have for the week as a way to train my mind to stay focused on what matters. This simple practice has really helped me to neutralize anxiety and to feel hopeful and optimistic in spite of what’s happening in the world.
Last night Michael and I hosted my family for a Christmas dinner and today I’m curled up on the couch enjoying some much-needed rest. So, to make this blog fun and easy, I thought I’d list ten things I love about this time of year and invite you to do the same.
Here’s what I love…
- Candles in windows.
- The limpid light of winter.
- Black branches against a blue sky.
- Shopping local and running into friends.
- New Age Christmas music.
- Hot cocoa with frothed oat milk.
- Bright colored cardinals at the feeder.
- Steamy hot salt baths with essential oils.
- A fire in the fireplace.
- People who decorate their homes for the holidays.
- A long, hot shower after swimming in the ocean.
Okay, your turn. What you love about this time of year…